It is only natural that writing an essay is not one of your favorite activities, because. the difficulties that have arisen can ruin your plans for the whole weekend. There will be no time to relax with friends and you will have to forget about dancing in the club. Only loneliness in the library, and you are slowly typing a little awkward text using the keyboard.
The good news is that you can save your weekends and social life. With the help of the following 19 scientific tips, you will be able to complete all your written work in just one evening:
- Clutter the table with anything. Shocking, isn’t it? A little different from what your mother told you. People strive for order. Nobody wants to waste time looking for lost information or items. And yet, in 2015, a scientific study by the University of Groningen brought surprising results. Scientists in the Netherlands have found that people who work in chaos try to create a sense of order by setting well-defined goals, and end up reaching them faster.
- Use multiple monitors. According to Microsoft, using more than one screen can increase your productivity from 9% to 50%. If possible, use different devices. For example, you can use a tablet for research and a laptop for writing essays.
- Use the same table (at least from time to time). A study by Business Insider in 2013 found a 10% increase in productivity, higher energy levels, and improved concentration as a result of using the same desk.
- Pomodoro technique. An alternative work-life option for maximum productivity. Developed in the late 1980s, this tactic involves dividing work into intervals, typically 25 minutes long, followed by short breaks (5-10 minutes). These intervals are called “pomodoros” (which translates from Italian as “tomatoes”) because Francesco Cirilo, the author of this method, used a tomato-shaped kitchen timer for self-control.
- Drink plenty of water. In a study conducted at the University of East London School of Psychology, participants drank 3 glasses of pure water before starting a test in which they had to press a button when they spotted an object on a screen. The response in this group was at least 14% faster than in the control group who did not drink anything. Fresh water is important when writing an essay.
- Laugh. A recent study at Loma Linda University in Southern California found that laughter, or simply being entertained, improves brain function by reducing stress hormones. So a reasonable amount of funny Youtube videos (up to 15 minutes) can help.
- Take breaks with someone. A little conversation during a break will guarantee a 15% productivity boost. Isn’t that the perfect reason to call your friends?
- Do not be distructed. Correspondence and other social media can wait. If you need help eliminating things that distract you, there are a huge number of special applications that can help you with this (Anti-Social, Freedom LeechBlock, to name just a few).
- Don’t check your email. The unpredictable nature of incoming messages can make checking email aggravating. However, your life will be much easier if you make it a habit to check your email 2-3 times a day, but never before doing something important, especially in the morning.
- Data synchronization. Dropbox, Google Drive, Tresorit and many other services let you access your documents from anywhere in the world. No more lost essays! No dog will eat your homework anymore!
- Kill your inner perfectionist. Trying to make your essay perfect will take too much time. In fact, a recent study found that you don’t need to be a top student in college to be successful in life.
- Spend 5-10 minutes on inspirational reading. An inspirational quote from a famous person can keep you going
- Use your willpower wisely . Its quantity is limited. With the many temptations of the modern world, your willpower is often overstretched. You should not follow a low-calorie diet and study before exams at the same time.
- Get enough sleep. Numerous studies have shown that getting enough sleep (at least 7 hours) is extremely important for academic success, which includes essay writing. Lack of sleep can throw you off balance.
- Take charge. According to a 2014 study at the University of Illinois, along with other health benefits, regular exercise is good for your relational memory.
- Practice typing on the computer. It can help you type 50 to 100% faster.
- Use exposure to background noise. Surprisingly, science has proven that certain background noises actually boost creativity and productivity. If your room is too quiet, apps like Coffitivity or Simplynoise can help fill the space with sound.
- Don’t try to be too optimistic. It’s always better to be yourself. A recent study showed that only optimists can relax and hope for a job well done. Pessimists, on the other hand, can improve their performance by 30% when they think about the worst possible outcomes and wish to avoid them. So, what’s the worst thing that can happen if you’re not able to complete an essay the right way?
- Stop doing everything on your own. Separation of duties is the key to success. You are not alone and getting help with an essay can be easier than you think.
With these mini habits, essay writing can be easy. Learn smarter and enjoy a dramatic boost in your productivity or get help from Essay Writing services Birmingham.