The dilemma of whether the software is superior, Practice Fusion EMR Vs Nextgen EMR arises since NextGen is not just an EMR solution. Although the characteristics of the two software applications are similar, there are some notable distinctions between the two versions. To learn more, keep reading. Every system has a variety of advantages.
About Nextgen EMR
A comprehensive medical software system, NextGen Office from NextGen Healthcare is built for specialized offices of all sizes. A medical billing system, an easy-to-use patient portal, and specialty-specific EHR content are all included in this cloud-based program. It automates routine clinical and administrative activities in practice, freeing doctors to focus on patient’s needs and provide high-quality care.
The HIPAA-compliant interface of NextGen EHR provides a wealth of practice management and patient interaction tools. The EHR platform is created with an intuitive tech background that is simple to use and adapts itself to be precisely what physicians need to maximize productivity. Additionally, it streamlines insurance eligibility verification, offers MIPS reporting, and lets patients request prescription refills, plan appointments, and reserve remote care sessions.
Key Features of the NextGen EMR
- Dashboard: NextGen EMR has a basic layout that makes navigating much more effortless. The designers kept in mind that doctors are frequently pressed for time when creating it.
- Patient Portal: An EMR now needs to have a patient portal because it is convenient to use the system. Additionally, independent hospitals frequently lack staff, so nurses commonly assign administrative tasks. By using NextGen EMR software, you can help patients while also lightening your workload. Patients can access their reports and appointments on this site. Additionally, they can set up new positions, complete electronic forms, and download medical documents. Additionally, since customers can receive the test results via the hospital’s website, they no longer need to visit the facility to obtain them physically. The gateway is a valuable feature that elevates NextGen to the top of the list.
- Optimized Appointments: A medical clinic needs a well-organized timetable for its facility to operate well. With the help of the system, you may make the most of your appointments and visit more patients in a single day. It can also email patients reminders before their scheduled appointments to prevent cancellations. In addition, people on the waiting list can also replace empty spots. Making an appointment as a consequence is much simpler, and there are no last-minute cancellations, which is a significant issue for many doctors.
- Clinical Summaries: The EMR allows doctors to download the clinical summary, saving them time from having to read the entire medical report. To fully comprehend, students can also rapidly read the diagnostic and treatment strategy. The system also gives users the choice of interaction summaries, which give a summary of each appointment.
- E- Prescription: The EMR’s electronic prescribing capability, which can help you identify drug interactions, dosage problems, and patient allergies, is the next feature we’ll discuss. Patients can pick it up at any time after that. Additionally, this program notifies users of potential drug interactions.
- Interoperability: Medical records should be able to be accessed easily by all users. The software must offer this to medical clinics with low resources as well. You need all the help you can get when managing a hospital or clinic.
Nextgen Medical Software Helps Increases Revenues
Nextgen EHR helps in streamlining the invoicing procedure. It also supports by:
- enhance practice effectiveness significantly
- submit truthful assertions with precise coding
- Reduce claim rejections to maximize reimbursements
- HIPAA-compliant services for medical billing
Pricing information- NextGen EMR
According to the firm, the NextGen pricing system is not open to the general public. However, you can contact the seller using this site and ask for a customized price.
Reviews of NextGen software
Most NextGen EMR users appreciate the features above for being incredibly practical and user-friendly. Reviews are, therefore, generally favorable. Few customers have, however, reported some problems. So even though it has an excellent internet rating, we must admit that it has certain drawbacks.
Can Practice Fusion serve as a NextGen EMR substitute?
First, find out what Practice Fusion EMR is to acquire the answer to this conundrum. Practice Fusion is a free web-based solution for managing medical practices on secure servers. This integrated platform for managing electronic health information helps ensure everyone has access to high-quality healthcare by centralizing the connection between doctors and patients.
In addition, it has several integrated features, including e-prescribing, lab integration, patient scheduling, charting, and more.
The software has aided healthcare facilities in providing paperless services and streamlining clinical operations. Users can access the platform interface from any location using any device as long as there are internet connections. Furthermore, as this is a cloud-based solution, there is no need to install any software or maintain any particular additional hardware.
Key Features of Practice Fusion EMR Software
- Patient Portal: The patient portal provided by the software dramatically reduces the amount of administrative work. Patients can use the patient portal, for instance, to see their diagnostic and lab findings, make appointments, pay bills, etc.
- Patient Charting: The software comes with several patient charting templates that you can edit to suit the needs of your particular medical practice. Additionally, for quicker patient recording and fewer handwriting errors, you can choose from a specific list that offers common ailments, medicines, and pharmacies.
- Charting tools: Time-saving charting tools, such as templates for various medical specialties and built-in favorite lists, are provided. Additionally, you may use keywords to search for diagnosis codes and track a patient’s medical information over time. Further, you can customize the Practice Fusion EMR Software shortcuts to organize patient data and templates in your clinical documentation.
- Lab Integration: Real-time viewing and exchanging of the lab and diagnostic test data is possible with lab integration. Additionally, you can check diagnostic and lab test results in your patient’s records, highlighting anomalous results to ascertain the necessity for therapy.
- Medical Billing Solution: Whether you handle billing internally or through a billing partner, Practice Fusion will help you manage your financial responsibilities and generate more income. It is one of the most effective web-based medical billing systems accessible, and it syncs with your EMR without any issues.
- Electronic Prescription: The software provides a robust e-prescribing technology that streamlines tasks for you and your patients. The Electronic Prescription tool is helpful since it enables you to digitally order and distribute drugs with just one click. You can effortlessly manage interactions with pharmacies and medical orders as well.
- Improved Patient Engagement: Practice Fusion can assist you in reducing the number of occasions when a patient cancels an appointment. The program enhances the patient experience.
Pricing of Practice Fusion
Features, specialties, and deployment style are just a few factors that affect an EMR’s price. However, Practice Fusion EMR software is affordable for small to medium-sized practices.
Previously accessible for free, the program is now available for a monthly license cost. With a yearly commitment and monthly billing, the average cost per user begins at $149/month. The price includes instruction, application, and customer support.
Ultimately, your practice requirements will determine which of the two programs you choose. Nextgen EMR is a superior option if you are a doctor currently in practice. The Practice Fusion EMR is more affordable and offers more functionality. For clinicians who need to keep track of many data, Practice Fusion EMR is preferable.